The heart of the Cogent Business Cycle is business analysis and planning. The Cogent team have the experience to ensure that all aspects of the planning process are taken care of to guarantee that implementation is carried out with effectiveness.
We believe that business analysis forms the key to successful systems development, providing the link between what the business wants to achieve and harnessing the right technologies, tools and procedures to meet those goals.
At Cogent, we focus on understanding the issues and drivers that affect an organisation’s business outcomes, and formulate solutions tailored to your business. Our skills range through:
- Business requirements analysis and definition
- Facilitation to elicit requirements
- Stakeholder identification
- Prioritisation of requirements
- Project definition studies
- Feasibility studies
- Mapping of end-to-end business processes
- Systems specifications, including functional, performance and security specifications
- Quality reviews with stakeholders and business owners
- Investigation and analysis of technology options for implementation and through-life support
In all of the above, coordination between business and technical teams is paramount, translating between the environments so that technical solutions are built to precise business needs. We liaise with technical and business teams in the development of technical documentation for systems to meet legislative and policy requirements.
Cogent consultants will use their experience, sound methodology and a consultative approach to analyse, specify and document business requirements. Our consultants have qualifications in computer science, information and software engineering and project management, coupled with extensive experience across the Defence, Immigration, Finance, Statistics and Social Security sectors in government, and in the private sector.