Cogent provides a range of management services focussed around an integrated approach to simple supported management systems that support organisational core business. We refer to this as ‘second tier’ management support – those aspects of management that are often taken for granted but are necessary and integral to delivering the right product or service at the right time.
Most of these requirements are either legislative requirements or are expected in meeting good practice. We are not all things to all people but specifically focus on:
- Business improvement
- Program performance and review
- Safety Management Systems
- Security Management and Improvement
- Compliance and Assurance Services
- Risk Management
- Strategic and Operational Planning
- Scoping studies
- Business cases
- Change integration and management
We believe that with the plethora of compliance requirements pressing on businesses it is difficult to know how to tackle and tame this ‘requirement’. We provide a holistic but pragmatic approach by looking at:
- what the business is – what it does, its place in the market and where it sees itself;
- what is required of it legislatively and from a stakeholder and good practice perspective;
- what systems it has in place and how these support the core business requirements – or do these supporting systems contort the real business?
- what is the gap? – there are layers of requirements and changes that are open to businesses or Departments. How these work in the broader context of the business are fundamental to the best approach – whether that be transformational or progressive improvement, and most importantly
- how do we get there?
Our approach focusses around addressing the inter-related areas of:
- sound business principles;
- a holistic and honest review of performance and expectations;
- building on what works – and this varies significantly from one organisation to another;
- a sound understanding of the culture and drivers in a business;
- alignment with corporate and business priorities;
- pragmatic selection and implementation of improvement strategies, and
- effective and honest communication.